PM² methodology for project management
The goal of the training is to give an overview of the development and current usage of the PM2 methodology that was developed by the European Commission (EC). The PM2 methodology is supported by various institutions in the European Union with the idea “One common PM Methodology open to all EU institutions, Member States, Contractors, and EU Citizens.” Developed since 2007 it was intended only for internal projects of the EC, but since 2016 the initiative of expanding a free and open methodology for all institutions, participants, and other interested parties in EU projects has been gaining strength.
The methodology is simple and flexible, very general and clear, and can be used with various types of projects. Because of its openness and publicity, it can be freely implemented and adapted to one’s needs.
The seminar is compliant with international IPMA (International Project Management Association) and PMI (Project Management Institute) standards and is a component of the training program called Project Management Academy verified by IPMA within IPMA REG.
- Introduction, presentation of the lecturer and the attendants
- Basic information on the PM² methodology and project management
- Project initiation phase and practical teamwork
- Planning phase and practical teamwork
- Monitoring and control and practical teamwork
- Project realization phase and practical teamwork
- Project closing phase and practical teamwork
- Creating presentations
- Project presentation and Q&A
The seminar is training for the PM2 Essentials certificate.
PM² advanced training
Education in PM² project management methodology is required